On April 2016 the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) came into force bringing new responsibilities for everyone in the workplace.
Workplace First Aid is the minimum qualification requirement for a workplace First Aider. This course meets Department of Labour – First Aid for workplaces “A Good Practice Guide” and all NZQA First Aid training requirements.
The Workplace First Aid course covers:
- Scene management – identifying and managing hazards
- First aid for life threatening conditions:
- Stable Side Position: Adult, child and infant
- CPR: Adult, child and infant
- Know how to attach and use an AED
- Management of the choking patient: Adult, child and infant
- First Aid conditions and how to respond to them
- Breathing problems
- Heart problems
- Wounds and bleeding
- Diabetic emergencies
- Soft tissue injuries (sprains, strains and dislocations)
On the successful completion of your course, you will be issued with a Workplace First Aid certificate which is valid for two years. The certificate will be posted to you after the course.
We cater for individuals and small groups at our four venues throughout Auckland. If you have a larger group, we can arrange a course at your place of work.